Can I Buy a Number Plates as a Gift?
Yes, you can definitely. When you purchase it as a gift, set the account up in your name and address. When making the purchase, you can add a nominee, this should be the person who is or will be the registered keeper of the vehicle it’s going to be assigned to.
Is It Legal to Gift Number Plates to Someone Else?
Yes, it is legal to gift number plates to someone else. There are legal processes in place for transferring ownership.
What Documentation Do I Need to Purchase Number Plates as a Gift?
To purchase number plates as a gift, you typically need identification/proof of address and documentation proving entitlement to the registration.
Are There Different Styles of Number Plates Suitable for Gifts?
Yes, there are various styles of number plates suitable for gifts, including 3D Gel, 4D laser cut, 4D Gel, show plates, colour number plates, and smoked number plates.
Can I Pay for Number Plates Now and Transfer Them Later as a Gift?
Yes, you have the option to pay for number plates in advance and transfer them later as a gift.
Do I Need the Recipient’s Information to Buy Number Plates as a Gift?
While the recipient’s information is not needed at the time of purchase, it will be required later during the transfer process.
Can I Buy Now and Gift Later?
Absolutely! You can purchase any private number plate in advance. Once acquired, the recipient can assign it to a vehicle at a time that suits them.
How do I purchase a personalised registration as a gift for somebody else?
When purchasing a personalised registration, you will receive a V750 Certificate of Entitlement. Set up the account in your name and address, and add a nominee during the purchase. The nominee should be the person who will be the registered keeper of the vehicle to which the registration will be assigned. Once assigned, the entitlement transfers to the registered keeper as shown on the V5C Registration Certificate.
Can I Buy A Number Plates as a Gift?
As we approach the holiday season, many inquiries have come in about the possibility of purchasing 3D gel or 4D laser cut number plates as a Christmas present. The answer is yes! According to current UK law, a Registered Number Plate Supplier must accept one form of identification/proof of address and one document proving entitlement to the registration before producing any number plates. Interestingly, these two documents do not need to be owned by the same person or match in any way, as the law allows for buying number plates as a gift.
How Do I Buy Number Plates as a Christmas Present?
With the festive season in full swing, many individuals are wondering how to buy number plates as a gift. The purchase of number plates add some steps to the process, making it more involved than a simple order and delivery. However, it is not a complex process by any means.
Before we can produce any 3D / 4D number plates, they must witness and record details from two documents. One document must prove the address/identity of the individual making the purchase, and the other must prove entitlement to the registration. These documents are required to reduce the likelihood of someone purchasing number plates for the purpose of cloning a vehicle.
Can I buy 3D / 4D number plates as a gift?
So long as you can provide your own ID.
We will accept ONE of the following documents from option 1 & ONE from option 2.
- Your driver’s licence
- Bank statement
- Proof Of Registration purchase (Email Confirmation)
- Logbook (V5)
- Certificate of Entitlement (V750 PINK SIDE)
- Retention Certificate (V778 GREEN SIDE)
- Certificate of Authorisation (V498/V498e), or Tax Reminder
Please include your order number as well as your full name.
I can’t access the proof of ownership of the registration. What can I do?
You could purchase a gift card, place an order for the number plates themselves, and then get the recipient to provide their proof of ownership after Christmas.
The proof of ownership isn’t in my name. Is that a problem?
Not at all! The proof of ownership doesn’t need to be in your name, long as you can provide your own ID and are buying number plates as a gift.
4. Are 3D Gel or 4D Laser Cut number plates road legal?
Answering this depends entirely on the number plate supplier you purchase the plates from. When you order from us, we can guarantee that everything we provide is fully road legal.
5. How do I order from NPC Plates?
You can place an order via our website, we have couple delivery option which you can choose from, or you can visit our Bolton store and get the number plates made while you wait.
When you ordering online your 4D Number Plate, you have the following options:
* Select Style : Any Road legal style – Road legal style
* Front/Back – Select whether you would prefer front number plate, rear number plate or both front AND back number plate
* Customise Both ( Front/Back ) – Select whether you would prefer custom size Standard, 14”–upto-4-Digits , 16”-upto-6-digits , 18”-upto-7-digits , Lambo Style , Larger Rear / Range Rover
* Plate Type – Select whether you would prefer a standard plate(BS AU 145e), a premium reflective plate, a show plate/character spacing (NOT road legal) OR our signature Tinted Number Plate (NOT road legal)
* Fitting – Select whether you would like us to provide fitting or you would like to purchase or not purchase our EXTRA strong adhesive sticky padsthat will secure your 4D number plate tightly to your vehicle (as long as fitted properly)
* Extras – Select from our large array of customisable features such as extra 4D layers, 4D borders or sleek side badges
* Add to Basket – Checkout and receive your high resolution, premium fully customised 4D plate within 3-5 working days!
Check Out our YouTube